Applications are invited in the given format, (application in any other format will not be accepted) from intending candidates of Indian nationality, for Admission to 5½ BHMS Degree Course in Homoeopathy at National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkataaffiliated to the West Bengal University Health Sciences, Kolkata for the academic session 2018-2019.
The candidate must confirm the eligibility, age, physical fitness criteria as prescribed for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) Session 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education on 6th May 2018 (Sunday)
The candidate must have qualified National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) Session 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education on 6th May 2018 (Sunday). Provisional list of candidates shall be prepared basing upon the NEET 2018 All India Rank published by the Central Board of Secondary Education in its website www.cbseresults.nic.in.
During the academic Session 2018-19, 93 seats shall be available for admission to the BHMS Degree Course, out of which following seats are earmarked for different categories of candidates.
(i) Fourteen (14) seats are earmarked for the candidates nominated from the following States/Union Territories - Jammu and Kashmir (1), Manipur (1), Meghalaya (2), Mizoram (2), Sikkim (1), Tripura (2), Andaman and Nicobar Islands (1), Dadra and Nagar Haveli (1), Daman Diu (1) and Nagaland (2). Number of seats earmarked for States/Union Territories may vary as per the Govt. of India orders prevalent at the time of admission.
(ii) Six (06) seats are earmarked for Foreign Nationals; out of which Five (05) seats are earmarked for candidates from Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi Sectorial Technical & Economic Co-operation (BIMSTEC) countries to be nominated by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India and One (01) seat is reserved for Foreign National candidates under self-financing scheme to be nominated by the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.
(iii) Ten (10) seats are earmarked for candidates sponsored by Govt. of Sri Lanka through the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. If the requisite number of candidates are not sponsored by Govt. of Sri Lanka, those seats shall remain vacant; no other candidate will be admitted against these seats.
(iv) The remaining 63 seats will be filled up basing upon the merit list of the All India Rank, of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (UG) Session 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education on 6th May 2018 (Sunday).
(v) Distribution of seats to various categories may be modified by competent authority.
(vi) Reservation policy as per the Govt. of India norms shall be applicable.
1. Candidates are required to verify their eligibility criteria in conformity of the NEET 2018 Information Bulletin before submission of the Application Form.
2. Mere appearing and qualifying National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – 2018 (UG) does not confer any right to the candidate for admission to 5 ½ years BHMS Degree course at NIH, Kolkata. The selection and admission are subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Govt. of India.
3. Application of candidates submitting false and fabricated information will not be considered and legal action as per Law shall be taken against such candidates.
4. Incomplete applications, applications not in accordance with the instructions, applications not in prescribed Format, applications reaching the Institute after the last date & time i.e. 5th July 2018 (Thursday) up to 4:00 PM are liable to be rejected. No further communication in this matter shall be entertained.
5. Application Fees will not be refunded nor carried forward for future processes under any circumstances.
6. Instructions are liable to change from time to time, based on the decision of the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India and same shall be uploaded in the Institute website. Candidates are required to verify the Institute website regularly for latest updates.
7. National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata reserves the right to cancel the candidature of a candidate at any time or withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate, who does not qualify the NEET 2018 eligibility criteria in all respect or does not qualified the NEET – 2018 (UG).
8. During the time of scrutiny, counselling, admission or even after admission at any time during the course if it is found that the candidate is not eligible for admission to 5½ years BHMS Degree course at NIH, Kolkata, her/his candidature/admission is liable to be cancelled and the course fee and application fee will be forfeited.
9. In case of any ambiguity in interpretation any of the instructions/terms/rules/criteria regarding determination of eligibility of any candidates/information contained therein, the interpretation of the CBSE shall be final and binding.
10. The list of provisionally shortlisted candidate shall be weeded out after 60 days of last date of Admission as declared by the Ministry of AYUSH Govt. of India.
11. Any dispute pertaining to the Eligibility/ qualifying criteria, etc. shall fall within the jurisdiction of Kolkata only.
Filled in application form (in candidate’s own handwriting) is to be sent along with application Fees, in the shape of crossed Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) in favour of “Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy”, payable at Kolkata drawn on any Nationalized Bank. Application fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. IPO/Cheque/Cash/Money Order will not be accepted. Demand draft is not required in case of SC & ST category candidates; but SC & ST category candidates are required to enclose self-attested photocopy of the valid “Caste Certificate” issued by competent authority as prescribed in the NEET - 2018 Information Bulletin.
Candidates claiming reservation under OBC category are required to enclose a self-attested photocopy of valid “OBC Certificate” in the prescribed proforma from competent authority as published in the NEET 2018 Information Bulletin. Persons having “benchmark disability” and entitled for reservation under “The Rights of Persons with Disability Act. 2016” are required to enclose a self-attested photocopy of “Disability Certificate” in the prescribed proforma from competent authority as published in the NEET 2018 Information Bulletin.
Candidates are required to enclose with the application form, two recent, high contrast colour photographs of identical copies, size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm, clearly showing full head, face, shoulder and both ears without wearing any cap/hat/glasses. Photograph must have been taken on or after 1st May, 2018 with a placard clearly indicating the name of the candidate and date of taking the photograph. Candidates must put their full signature and date in all the places asked for at all the stages of admission process.
Last Date for Receiving of Application Form: 05-07-2018 (Thursday) Up to
4:00 (only through Speed Post)
1. The duly filled in Application Form must reach the Office of the Director, National Institute of Homoeopathy, Block GE, Sector - III, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700106 on or before the last date of receiving of the application form i.e. 5th July 2018 (Thursday) up to 4:00 PM. Applications must be sent only through Speed Post, sufficiently in advance so as to reach within the last date and time i.e. 5th July 2018 (Thursday) up to 4:00 PM. Application form(s) received after this date and time will be summarily rejected and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
2. Two self-addressed envelopes of size 30cm x 20cm are to be enclosed along with the application form (compulsory mentioning six-digit pin code) and pasting Postal Stamp of Rs. 50/- on each envelope.
3. Application Form complete in all respect must be submitted in sealed envelope only through speed post superscripting “BHMS Application form, Session 2018-19. Last date for receiving of application form 5th July 2018 (Thursday) up to 4:00 PM.”
Documents to be enclosed along with application form:
1. Photocopy of the following documents (self-attested) are required to be enclosed along with the Application Form while submitting. Application without the following documents will be rejected
i) Demand Draft Rs. 1000/- to be enclosed in original (not photocopy). Candidate must mention Full Name and Mobile no. behind the Demand Draft.
ii) Print copy of Confirmation page of Online application form of NEET 2018. – self-attested
iii) Admit Card of NEET 2018 – self-attested
iv) NEET 2018 result sheet - Downloaded copy of from the website www.cbseresults.nic.in – self-attested
v) AADHAR Card – self-attested
vi) Caste Certificate in prescribed proforma as prescribed in NEET 2018 Information Bulletin– self-attested
vii) Certificate of Disability as prescribed in NEET 2018 Information Bulletin – self-attested
viii) Two Passport size Photographs as described above
ix) Two self-addressed envelopes as described above
2. Date of Counselling/ Admission – Date of Counselling & subsequent admission will be notified in the Institute website www.nih.nic.in after getting necessary permission from Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India. No separate call letter or email will be sent to candidates to appear for the Counselling/ Admission. For the latest information, candidates are required to regularly check the Institute website
3. The list of provisionally eligible candidates as per the NEET 2018 All India Rank for counselling/admission to the BHMS course, session 2018-19, will be available in the Institute website i.e. www.nih.nic.in
4. Institute will not send any call letter or email to individual candidates by post or through e-mail for appearing in the counselling/ admission. Therefore, candidates are required to check Institute website regularly to get latest information. The Institute will not be responsible for non-receiving of information by any candidate.
5. Hostel facilities are not available at present. On successful counselling and subsequent provisional admission, students have to make their own arrangement for their boarding and lodging during the duration of the course at their own cost and convenience.
6. The Institute reserves the right to cancel the candidature/provisional admission of any candidate during the counselling process or even after the admission, at any time during the course, if the candidate is found to be not eligible for the course as per the NEET 2018 criteria and did not qualify NEET 2018 and admission fees will be forfeited.
7. Admission for BHMS Degree Course Session 2018-19 shall be made only after receiving necessary permission from Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India.